Online Prenatal Classes
If you can’t make in-person prenatal classes due to things like scheduling conflicts, shift work, health or transportation challenges, or need a refresher, online classes are the next best thing. The modules contain similar content.
Online prenatal classes are FREE for residents of the City and County of Peterborough and Curve Lake and Hiawatha First Nations.
- Essential information that is reviewed and current
- Videos, 3D animations, interactive learning activities, fun quizzes, helpful website links, downloadable PDFs, and a Parent’s Toolbox.
- Information you can easily access from your computer, phone or tablet
- No commercials or sponsored content
- Audio voiceover and closed captioning
After you have registered for the online classes, you will automatically receive a redemption code so you can create an account and access the program.
You then will have FREE access for one full year from the first time you log in.
There are 4 classes available:
- Understanding Pregnancy
- Changes during pregnancy, prenatal care, nutrition, physical activity, pregnancy discomforts, hazards, and emotions.
- Understanding Birth
How labour begins, the stages of labour, factors affecting labour, comfort techniques, creating a birth plan, medical procedures and pain medications, Caesarean birth, and what to expect in the postpartum period.
- Understanding Breastfeeding
How breast milk is made, latching baby at the breast, signs that baby is feeding well, breast care and common challenges, expressing breast milk, and when/where to get help.
- Understanding your Newborn
Newborn appearance, skin-to-skin contact, newborn procedures, how to diaper, bath, care for the cord, and check for fever, how to prevent SIDS and use a car seat, recognizing infant cues, how to support baby’s healthy brain development, coping with a fussing/crying baby, and Infant CPR.
It take about 4-6 hours to complete all the classes in the program.
Peterborough Public Health is committed to providing prenatal education in a format that best meets your needs. To request information in an alternative format, please call our FamilyHEALTHline to speak with a public health nurse.
Our telephone lines are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am -4:30 pm.
We can be reached at 705-743-1000 or 1-877-743-0101.
You can also send us an e-mail at
Ready to register for online prenatal classes?