In keeping with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Peterborough Public Health is committed to:
- ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities,
- providing programs and services that are accessible to all,
- implementing a process to ensure that all employees, volunteers, and contractors who provide services on the agency’s behalf are provided with appropriate training on the AODA regulations,
- making agency information and communications accessible to persons with disabilities, and
- fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain employees with disabilities.
Peterborough Public Health shall make reasonable efforts to ensure that:
- Programs and services are provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
- The provision of programs and services to persons with disabilities and others shall be integrated unless an alternate measure is necessary, whether temporarily or on a permanent basis, to enable a person with a disability to obtain, use or benefit from programs and services.
- Persons with a disability shall be given an opportunity equal to that given to others to obtain, use and benefit from programs and services.
Persons with disabilities may:
- be accompanied by a guide dog or other service animal and use and keep the animal with them unless the animal is otherwise excluded by law,
- be accompanied by a support person,
- use their own assistive devices for the purpose of obtaining, using, PPH’s programs and services, and
- request a copy of our policy and any related materials in an alternate format.
How to request information in other formats
If you require information in an alternate format you may contact us in several ways.
Phone: 705 743 1000