Local COVID-19 Cases & Status
Current Situation (as of 4:02 PM EST January 21, 2022)
Change in cases since January 20 report: + 44 cases
Date last case reported to Public Health: January 21, 2021
Total confirmed cases: 4662
Active cases: 523
Resolved cases: 4098
Note on data updates:
- Schedule for Updates:
- As of June 16, 2021, the data is extracted and uploaded each Monday by noon and from Tuesday to Friday between 4:00 -5:00 p.m. The local COVID tracker is not updated Saturday, Sunday or on statutory holidays.
- Vaccination data is updated weekly on Wednesdays between 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Case Data:
- Due to changes in PCR testing availability in December 2021, the number of cases reported should be considered an underestimate of the total active case count cases in our community.
- Vaccination Data:
- On December 6, 2021 , the COVID-19 vaccine data on the Peterborough Public Health COVID-19 Tracker was adjusted to reflect recently updated Ontario population data. This update has adjusted the total population count for the region that Peterborough Public Health serves to align with 2020 population estimates from the province.
- Close contacts:
- Reporting of the number of close contacts has been paused as counts in our reporting system currently underestimate the true number of close contacts in our community.
- We thank you for your understanding as we strive for timely and accurate updates.
- It is possible that the numbers on our webpages may be different than numbers for our community found elsewhere (e.g. provincial websites). Data from the Ministry of Health is extracted at different time. The data provided here and on the local COVID-19 tracker are subject to change. Public health investigations are ongoing which may result in day to day updates that differ slightly as the pandemic evolves. This includes transferring of cases between health units, merging of duplicate case investigations, and in rare occasions re-classifying historical cases