Families & Parents
Last revised/updated 10:18 a.m., April 24, 2023
The School Health Team works as partners with principals, school staff, district school boards and community agencies to support the health and well-being of students and their families.
We have gathered information on this page for busy parents and families who are interested in learning more about public health programs and those who would like resources to support their healthy school. The Quick Links will connect you to other areas in PPH that also support healthy schools.
Let’s go to Kindergarten 2023 – Information and tips to help prepare your child for a healthy start to kindergarten!
If you or your child are experiencing poor mental health or symptoms of a mental illness, you are not alone! Here are some links and information that may help:
- School Mental Health Ontario
- Offers resources for parents and caregivers to help children to feel mentally well, grow up happy and learn how to navigate life’s challenges. Check out their website here.
- Family Care Centre, Children’s Mental Health Ontario
- A resource hub for parents and caregivers of children and youth with mental illness. It is has a variety of resources available and connections to support groups.
- Kids Mental Health
- Aims to help parents and professionals learn and understand mental illness and what they can do to protect themselves and their children. We provide information through educational articles and guides. We also have a community for families and friends.
There are resources in our community where you can get help. For a listing of what’s available in the Peterborough Area and provincially, please visit our general Mental Health webpage.