Sexual Health Clinic
Sex is a normal and healthy part of our lives, but becoming sexually active carries responsibilities. If you don’t plan on getting pregnant you need to take steps to prevent it. No one wants a sexually transmitted infection (STI) either, so you have to think about that too.
Our staff are easy to talk to…
you can talk to a Public Health Nurse at the Sexual Health Clinic
185 King Street, Peterborough, ON K9J 2R8
You can reach us Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (Closed 12-1 for lunch)
Free, confidential clinics are staffed by nurses and physicians.
We can provide:
- pregnancy testing and birth control for teens and young adults;
- emergency contraception (plan B or morning after pill);
- testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STI), including confidential HIV testing, for anyone in the community; and
- help with decisions about sex.
All staff and visitors are asked to refrain from using, wearing, and bringing scented products and materials into Peterborough Public Health (PPH). Many people are sensitive to scented products. Thank you for keeping our building scent-free!
Looking for information about mpox? Please visit our mpox webpage.
Changes to Peterborough Public Health’s clinics during Covid-19
Our clinics are open with some modifications to services and practices in order to keep our clients and staff safe.
While you are at the clinic:
- Please wear a mask at all times (your own mask, or a mask provided by our clinic).
- Please clean your hands with alcohol-based sanitizer upon arrival and after any time they become soiled (soap and water is also available in the bathrooms and clinic rooms).
- Please maintain a physical distance of (2 meters/6.5 feet) between all other clients and staff unless a procedure or assessment requires it.
- We are screening clients for Covid-19 symptoms prior to and at their appointment time.
- Our clinic rooms have enhanced cleaning
- Our staff are wearing additional Personal Protective Equipment
- In-person appointments are being limited as much as possible – some telephone services are being offered.
*Some services are still not available, please ask the Administrative Assistants about your specific needs and when/where they may be able to be met.
- Sex & U (sexandu.ca) – Canada’s leading authority on sexual and reproductive health.
- Sexual Health Ontario | your source for sexual health information
- The Sex You Want – Gay Mens Sexual Health Alliance
- Sexual Health Infoline Ontario & eChat – City of Toronto
- Lesbian Gay Bi Trans Youth Line
- Rainbow Youth – PARN – Provides LGBTQ+ youth the space to be themselves and the tools to lead positive change.
- PARN (getakit.ca) – Now you can order a free HIV self-test.
- Kawartha Sexual Assault Centre – Non-profit dedicated to helping those affected by sexual violence.
- Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence – Peterborough Regional Health Centre