All parents want to give their children the best start in life. Breastfeeding is a natural way to protect your child from diseases, but did you know that it promotes brain and emotional development? The longer you breastfeed, the more benefits you and your baby get!
It’s normal to have lots of questions about breastfeeding. We’re here to help.
- The Importance of Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding Help
- Expressing and Storing Your Breastmilk
- Your Rights as a Breastfeeding Woman
- The Baby Friendly Initiative
- Peterborough Breastfeeding Coalition
- Vitamin D and Babies
Public Health Nurses are available to provide support and information, and to answer any questions you may have about feeding your growing child. To speak to a Public Health Nurse call the Family HEALTHline at 705-743-1000.