Updated: May 4, 2023
Peterborough Region has many different breastfeeding supports to offer new parents.
PRHC Breastfeeding Clinic
Peterborough Regional Health Centre.
- To make an appointment, call the Women & Children Inpatient Unit (A6): 705-876-5059
- To speak with the lactation consultant directly, call: 705-743-2121, ext. 2735
Breastfeeding & Well Baby Clinic 705-748-9144
Peterborough Child and Family Centres, 201 Antrim Street, Peterborough
- Community Health Nurse/Lactation Consultant available for free 1:1 support.
- No appointment needed. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Telephone support also available.
- NOTE: Closed in July.
La Leche League 705-749-8861
- Telephone Support: Breastfeeding information and support by telephone from trained facilitators (year round).
- Drop-in Support Groups meet at the Peterborough Child and Family Centres (except July and August)
- 2nd Thursday of the month at 5:30 p.m. (free dinner)
- 4th Thursday of the month at 10:00 a.m.