Updated December 1, 2022
PRHC Breastfeeding Clinic
Peterborough Regional Health Centre.
- To make an appointment, call the Women & Children Inpatient Unit (A6): 705-876-5059
- To speak with the lactation consultant directly, call: 705-743-2121 Ext. 2735
Health 811 Dial: 811
- Free breastfeeding help from a Registered Nurse 24 hours a day (call or chat online).
Breastfeeding & Well Baby Clinic 705-748-9144
Peterborough Child and Family Centres, 201 Antrim Street, Peterborough
- Community Health Nurse/Lactation Consultant available for free 1:1 support.
- No appointment needed. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Telephone support also available.
- NOTE: Closed in August.
Maternal Infant Lactation Consulting Susan Howlett IBCLC 705-930-0381
- Home or virtual visits with a Certified Lactation Consultant (fee for service)
- Call or book an appointment on-line https://milc.help/
La Leche League 705-772-8861
- Free telephone support from trained facilitators.
- Free virtual and in-person meetings every month.
Lactation Support by Elly 705-761-2838
- By appointment only, fee for service with receipts.
Kawartha Birth and Lactation, Mel Neal, LC 705-749-8861
- Free telephone support from a Lactation Consultant.
- In person or virtual consultations (fee for service).
Lavender and Play 705-874-3517
- Free in person support by appointment only, on Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Breastfeeding Matters booklet, free download
- Free telephone support in City of Kawartha Lakes call 1-866-888-4577, ext. 5003
COVID-19 Information for Parents