Peterborough Breastfeeding Coalition
The Peterborough Breastfeeding Coalition is working to protect, promote, and support breastfeeding in Peterborough and the surrounding area.
Some of our goals include:
- advocating for public messages that illustrate breastfeeding as normal and every day;
- providing consistent education and support to pregnant and breastfeeding mothers and their families;
- identifying gaps in services and promoting access (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) to a continuum of breastfeeding supports and services;
- promoting and supporting breastfeeding education opportunities for local care providers; and
- promoting the Baby Friendly Initiative.
The coalition is comprised of breastfeeding mothers, nurses, lactation consultants, managers, La Leche League leaders, midwives, and business people representing a number of local agencies.
If you would like to learn more about the coalition or to become involved check out the website https://peterboroughbreastfeedingcoalition.com/ or contact Kara Koteles, Public Health Nurse at email@example.com.