“Your Worst Nightmare” Happens May 9
Written by admin, April 27, 2017
April 27, 2017 – Free Community Event on Emergency Preparedness Recreates Realistic Crisis Scenario
Are you ready for an emergency the next time it strikes? That will be the topic residents are invited to learn more about at “Your Worst Nightmare”, a free community event taking place on Tuesday, May 9, 2017 from 7:00-8:30 p.m. at the Evinrude Centre, 911 Monaghan Road, Peterborough.
“Emergencies can happen at any time, so we want to make sure our residents know how to prepare to keep themselves and their families safe,” said Edwina Dusome, Manager of Infectious Disease Programs and Emergency Preparedness at Peterborough Public Health. “We’ve created this interactive event so participants can experience what it’s like when a crisis hits to help them understand what they need to do. Residents will also learn how emergencies can impact community agencies and the services they deliver.”
The event features mock news segments produced by CHEX TV that describe a realistic emergency scenario as it unfolds. In between video news segments, local experts will discuss emergency preparedness tips and answer questions from the audience. Presenters include:
- Jodi DeNoble, Manager, Emergency Management, Insurance and Risk, City of Peterborough
- Craig Jones, Acting Superintendent of Emergency Management, County of Peterborough
- Christina Murphy, Manager, Infection Prevention and Control, Peterborough Regional Health Centre
- Chris Pittens, Program Manager, Emergency Management Field Operations, Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management
- Rosana Salvaterra, Medical Officer of Health, Peterborough Public Health
- Mark Troughton, Chief and Medical Director for Emergency Department, Peterborough Regional Health Centre
This event is free and open to everyone. To register online, visit www.eventbrite.ca and search for “Your Worst Nightmare” or find the link at www.peterboroughpublichealth.ca. This event is organized in recognition of Emergency Preparedness Week (May 7-13) by the Peterborough Interagency Outbreak Planning Team in partnership with Peterborough Public Health.
For further information, please contact:
Public Health Inspector
705-743-1000, ext. 224