Drug testing availabiity in Peterborough
Family doctor can make a referral for drug test for lab analysis (covered by OHIP)
First Step Clinic (Methadone Clinic)
191 Simcoe St. (across from bus terminal)
Contact: Paula Langdon Patterson
Hours: Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Drug testing for the most common substance (cocaine, crack, opiates, benzodiazepines, etc)
- Don’t need a doctor’s referral
- Process: 4 panel test, results within 1 hour.
- Only do urinalysis; can collect blood but can’t analyze so send to lab
- Cost: $60 or invoice referring organization ( i.e. Children’s Aid Society, employer, lawyer, etc
- Common clients include: CAS clients, probation/parole persons, methadone clinic patients, general employment (physical on site; blood work sent to CAN AM lab in North Bay).
Peterborough Clinic – Day Clinic – for patients who don’t have a family doctor
26 Hospital Dr.
Phone: 740- 6880
- Only take same day appointments; space fills up quickly- call when lines open at 8:30 a.m.
- Get doctor’s referral for drug test for lab analysis
- Covered by OHIP
Driver Check – a for-profit entity that helps companies and individuals find the testing they need.
- Closest clinics they work with are Oshawa or Belleville.
- Fees must be paid up front.
- Likely cost is high since this agency is a middle-person for the clinics.
(Gamma Dynacare Medical Laboratories, Peterborough)
Need a doctor’s referral; can go to the Peterborough Clinic
26 Hospital Dr. Phone: 876-7313