While COVID-19 means lots of changes in schools and daycares to keep everyone safe, one thing that hasn’t changed is the requirement to keep children on track with required immunizations to protect them – and the community – from vaccine-preventable diseases. Keeping students and preschoolers updated on their vaccines gives us all one less thing to worry about.
How can parents prepare for daycare and school?
- Ensure vaccine doses have been reported to Peterborough Public Health
- If unsure, contact your healthcare provider for the up-to-date information
- If immunizations are missing:
- Visit your healthcare provider to get your child up-to-date
- If you do not have a healthcare provider, call 705-743-1000, ext. 132 for an appointment at the Peterborough Public Health Routine Immunization Clinic
- Report immunizations to Peterborough Public Health:
- Visit www.peterboroughpublichealth.ca and click on “Submit Immunizations” button
- Fax to 705-743-2897
- Call 705-743-1000, ext. 139
- Drop off in person at 185 King St., 3rd Floor, Peterborough, ON K9J 2R8