Peterborough Public Health Unveils New Brand at Community Open House
Written by admin, June 10, 2016
June 10, 2016 – Peterborough – Today Peterborough Public Health revealed its new visual identity to more than 150 guests and local dignitaries as part of its Community Open House event celebrating its new location at Jackson Square on 185 King St. in downtown Peterborough.
“Now we are perfectly positioned both in terms of our new location and our new public image to move forward strategically as a public health agency,” said Dr. Rosana Salvaterra, Medical Officer of Health. “Thanks to the robust involvement of local residents we now have a stronger brand that better reflects what we do and the people we serve.”
A key aspect of the new logo is the use of the tagline “serving the communities of Curve Lake and Hiawatha First Nations, and the County and City of Peterborough” to ensure all residents feel included in the new brand.
The new logo design reflects the idea of how environments shape our health, and the diversity of public health work. Symbolically it conveys the multiple layers of public health and is inspired by the organic shape of a medicine wheel to honour Peterborough Public Health’s long-standing relationships with Curve Lake and Hiawatha First Nations. The silhouettes are intentionally designed to be open to interpretation as to who they represent: it could be two adults, an adult and a child, individuals of any gender, two community partners, etc. Together the people in the circle of layers symbolize the community as a whole to express the idea of population health.
Dr. Salvaterra noted that developing the new brand is considered a long-term investment, yet one that was made efficiently because of the move to a new location. “It was timely to align these changes all at once since we would have had to update signage and print materials anyway to reflect our move to Jackson Square,” she said.
Not only did guests get to see Peterborough Public Health’s new brand for the first time, they also had a chance to visit all three floors of its new location at Jackson Square on 185 King St. Everything on site is designed to help our community work together to improve public health. It features:
- Myrtle’s Kitchen – a brand new state-of-the-art community kitchen to address food insecurity by helping local residents come together to learn about nutrition, cooking skills and food safety;
- New clinic spaces for sexual health, immunization, and travel health consultations;
- Ten meeting rooms with modern AV technology to facilitate community discussions and planning meetings, including the J.K. Edwards Board Room which brings people together in a circle for collaborative decision making;
- A large multipurpose room for prenatal classes, food handling courses and community gatherings;
- A breastfeeding room for any mother needing a quiet space to feed her child
For more information, please visit www.peterboroughpublichealth.ca.
For further information, please contact:
705-743-1000, ext. 391