Sexual Health Services
Last updated: May 29, 2023
Our Sexual Health Clinic offers a safe place to talk confidentially with a Public Health Nurse. We offer the following services:
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI)/Blood-borne infection (BBI) testing
- Free STI treatment for individuals diagnosed with a STI
- Free STI treatment for sexual partners of persons diagnosed with a STI
- Free condoms and low-cost birth control
- Pregnancy testing, options counselling, and referrals
- Emergency contraception
- Birth control prescriptions (25 years and under only)
We are located on the first floor at 185 King Street, Peterborough, ON
To book an appointment please call 705-748-2021. Our regular hours are Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (Closed 12-1 for lunch)
Other options for accessing sexual health services in the Peterborough area:
- Your primary health care provider
- Your college or university health services
- A walk-in clinic (please visit the website below for more information)
- An emergency department (If you are experiencing symptoms and are unable to access any other options
- Sex & U (sexandu.ca) – Canada’s leading authority on sexual and reproductive health.
- Sexual Health Ontario | your source for sexual health information
- The Sex You Want – Gay Mens Sexual Health Alliance
- Sexual Health Infoline Ontario & eChat – City of Toronto
- Lesbian Gay Bi Trans Youth Line
- Rainbow Youth – PARN – Provides LGBTQ+ youth the space to be themselves and the tools to lead positive change.
- PARN (getakit.ca) – Now you can order a free HIV self-test.
- Kawartha Sexual Assault Centre – Non-profit dedicated to helping those affected by sexual violence.
- Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence – Peterborough Regional Health Centre