Beach Testing Results
Beach sampling results will begin being posted June 6.
The 2 public beaches in the City of Peterborough are sampled by PCCHU Public Health Inspectors at least once each business day. Public beaches in Peterborough County are sampled at least once every week except for Belmont Lake Beach, Chandos Beach, Kasshabog Lake Beach, Quarry Bay Beach and White’s Beach which are sampled at least once in June, July and August.
Follow @Ptbohealth on Twitter for Beach Water Quality Updates.
Beach Locations can be found below
Legend: (more info on each below the results table)
|Beach Name||Date Sampled||Beach Status|
|Beavermead||July 21, 2016||Safe|
|Belmont Lake||July 7, 2016||Safe|
|Buckhorn||July 18, 2016||Safe|
|Chandos||July 13, 2016||Safe|
|Crowe’s Line||July 18, 2016||Safe|
|Curve Lake Henrys Gumming||July 18, 2016||Safe|
|Curve Lake Lance Wood Park||July 18, 2016||Safe|
|Douro||July 19, 2016||Safe|
|Ennismore||July 18, 2016||Safe
|Hiawatha||July 20, 2016||Safe|
|Jones Beach||June 21, 2016||Safe|
|Kasshabog Lake||June 21, 2016||Safe|
|Lakefield||July 19, 2016||Safe|
|Norwood||July 19, 2016||Safe|
|Quarry Bay||June 21, 2016||Safe|
|Roger’s Cove||July 21, 2016||Safe|
|Sandy Beach||July 18, 2016||Safe
|Selwyn||July 19, 2016||Safe|
|Squirrel Creek||July 20, 2016||Safe|
|Warsaw Caves||July 19, 2016||Safe|
|White’s Beach||June 23, 2016||Safe|
When is a Beach “Safe”?
A public beach is considered “safe” when the results return with E. coli levels less than 100 E. coli cfu/100mL of water.
When is a Beach“Unsafe”?
A public beach will be posted as “unsafe” when E. coli levels exceed 100 E. coli cfu/100mL of water. This means the water is unsafe for recreational use, including swimming. When this happens, PPH will post signs around the beach area to inform the public not to come into contact with the water as it is a potential threat to human health.
When is a Beach “Closed”?
A beach will be posted as “closed” when a significant risk to human health is identified. Beach closures are rare, and occur when there are signs of hazardous or infectious material in the water, a toxic spill, or when there is a blue-green algae bloom. In these situations, swimming is not permitted and beach access is restricted or denied.
City of Peterborough Beaches:
• Beavermead Park (2011 Ashburnham Drive) • Roger’s Cove (131 Maria Street)
Peterborough County Beaches:
- Belmont Lake Beach (Miles of Memories Rd., Belmont, Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen)
- Buckhorn Beach (John St., Buckhorn, Township of Trent Lakes)
- Chandos Beach (Hwy 620, Township of North Kawartha)
- Crowe’s Line Beach (Crowe’s Line Rd., Township of Trent Lakes)
- Curve Lake Lance Wood Park (Whetung St. E., Curve Lake First Nation)
- Curve Lake Henry’s Gumming (Chemong St. S., Curve Lake First Nation)
- Douro Beach (205 Douro Second Line, Township of Douro-Dummer)
- Ennismore Waterfront Park (1053 Ennis Rd., Ennismore, Selwyn Township)
- Hiawatha Beach (1 Lakeshore Rd., Hiawatha First Nation)
- Jones Beach ( 908 Jones Beach Rd., Bridgenorth, Selwyn Township)
- Kasshabog Lake Beach (431 Peninsula Rd., Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen)
- Lakefield Beach (100 Hague Boulevard, Lakefield, Selwyn Township)
- Norwood (12 Belmont St., Norwood, Township of Asphodel-Norwood)
- Quarry Bay (1986 Northey’s Bay Rd., Woodview, Township of North Kawartha)
- Sandy Beach (Lakehurst Rd., Township of Trent Lakes)
- Selwyn Conservation Area (2251 Birch Island Rd., Selwyn Township)
- Squirrel Creek Conservation Area (2445 Wallace Point Rd., Fraserville, Township of Otonabee-South Monaghan)
- Warsaw Caves Conservation Area (289 Caves Rd., Warsaw, Township of Douro-Dummer)
- White’s Beach (Clearview Dr., Township of Trent Lakes)
Last modified on Jul 22, 2016