Information for Owner/Operators/Employers:
Mandatory Face Coverings
Lasted Edited/Reviewed: 1:55 pm August 6, 2020
The directive released by Peterborough Public Health on July 20, 2020 contains the instructions for owners and operators of commercial establishments, public transit, and commercial transportation regarding general compliance, capacity limits, and mandatory face coverings. The directive requires owners and operators to adopt a policy regarding mandatory face coverings, post signage to remind all persons about the requirement, and ensure that all employees and volunteers are aware of the policy and trained accordingly. For complete details and instructions, please read the directive.
- Frequently Asked Questions for Owners/Operators<
- Sample Workplace Policy Requiring Face Coverings(Editable MS WORD file)
- Reopening Safely: Workplace Toolkit
- PPH Directive for Mandatory Face Coverings: Information for Owners/Operators (recording)
Employee Training Material
- Fact Sheet: Non-medical Masks and Face Coverings (Public Health Ontario)
- Fact Sheet: Wear a Face Covering Do’s and Don’ts (Ministry of Health)
- Video: COVID-19: How To Wear a Non-Medical Mask or Face Covering Properly (Government of Canada)
- Video: How To Make Your Own Face Covering (Centre for Disease Control and Prevention)
- STOP! Before Entering Poster (Face Coverings Required)
- General Signage (screening, hand sanitizing, physical distancing, etc.)
- Safely Wear/Clean a Face Covering
- Do’s and Don’ts for Face Coverings
Looking for more assistance?
Do you have a question about face coverings that wasn’t answered on this webpage or in the FAQs for Owners/Operators? Use the form below to submit your question. We will respond as soon as possible and the questions received will be added to the FAQs document. You can also contact Peterborough Public Health at 705-743-1000 weekdays, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.