Information for Owner/Operators/Employers:
Mandatory Face Coverings
Lasted Edited/Reviewed: 11:01 a.m., October 14 2020
On Friday, Oct. 2, the Ontario government announced a new provincial mandate for the use of face coverings in the indoor areas of all businesses/organizations. This means that staff and members of the public are required to wear a face covering when entering or remaining in the indoor public space of any workplace, business, transit vehicle, or commercial vehicle, with limited exemptions. Please use the resources below and the information in the Frequently Asked Questions to ensure your business/workplace is compliant with the mandatory requirements. Full details can be found in O. Reg. 364/20: Rules for Areas in Stage 3.
- Frequently Asked Questions for Owners/Operators/Employers
- Reopening Safely: Workplace Toolkit
- Face Coverings – What You Need to Know
- Information for Multi-Unit Dwellings
- Information for Places of Worship
Employee Training Material
- Fact Sheet: Non-medical Masks and Face Coverings (Public Health Ontario)
- Fact Sheet: Wear a Face Covering Do’s and Don’ts (Ministry of Health)
- Video: COVID-19: How To Wear a Non-Medical Mask or Face Covering Properly (Government of Canada)
- Video: How To Make Your Own Face Covering (Centre for Disease Control and Prevention)
- STOP! Before Entering Poster (Face Coverings Required)
- STOP! Common Areas (Face Coverings Required)
- STOP! Places of Worship (Face Coverings Required)
- General Signage (screening, hand sanitizing, physical distancing, etc.)
- Safely Wear/Clean a Face Covering
Need more assistance?
Do you have a question about face coverings that wasn’t answered on this webpage or in the FAQs for Owners/Operators? Use the form below to submit your question. We will respond as soon as possible and the questions received will be added to the FAQs document. You can also contact Peterborough Public Health at 705-743-1000 weekdays, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.