COVID-19 – Business & Workplace Screening
Last updated/reviewed: 3:37 p.m., June 18, 2021
Information for Owners/Operators/Employers
As per provincial regulations, every business or organization in Ontario must:
- actively screen every person who works at the business or organization before they enter the premises of the business or organization. As a minimum, workplaces must use the Ontario COVID-19 Worker and Employee Screening Tool; and
- post passive screening signage at all entrances to the premises of the business or organization, in a location visible to the public, that informs anyone who enters (e.g., customers, courier services, etc.) how to screen themselves for COVID-19 prior to entering the premises.
- Screening for COVID-19: Guidance for employers – Government of Ontario
- Frequently Asked Questions about active screening
- Resources to prevent COVID-19 in the workplace – Government of Ontario
- Resources for workplaces during COVID-19 – Peterborough Public Health
- Ministry of Health COVID-19 Screening Tool for Businesses and Organizations (Screening Workers) – English
- Ministry of Health COVID-19 Screening Tool for Businesses and Organizations (Screening Workers) – French
- For more information about implementing active screening of customers, click here.