(COVID-19) – Guidance for Stage Three Reopening
Lasted Edited/Reviewed: 11:40 a.m. July 31, 2020
We have moved into Stage 3 of the Framework for Opening the Province. While we remain in a state of emergency, certain public health measures have eased slightly. Guidelines are in place to allow families and individuals to socialize safely within limits. More businesses and workplaces are being allowed to operate by following proper health and safety guidelines.
- Guidance for Everyone
- Establishments, Workplaces, and Businesses
- Municipalities and Public Spaces
- Child Care Settings and Day Camps
- Personal Care Service Settings
- Places of Worship
- Weddings, Funerals and Similar Gatherings
In Stage 3, more restrictions will be loosened and nearly all businesses and public spaces will reopen, as long as they follow the public health advice and workplace safety guidance necessary to keep everyone safe. The Chief Medical Officer of Health, public health experts and other officials have advised the following high-risk places and activities are not yet safe to open, due to the likelihood of large crowds congregating, difficulties with physical distancing, or challenges maintaining the proper cleaning and sanitation required to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Amusement parks and water parks
- Buffet-style food services
- Dancing at restaurants and bars, other than by performers hired by the establishment following specific requirements
- Overnight stays at camps for children
- Private karaoke rooms
- Prolonged or deliberate contact while playing sports
- Saunas, steam rooms, bath houses and oxygen bars
- Table games at casinos and gaming establishments.
All other businesses and public spaces will be permitted to be open, subject to ensuring the appropriate health and safety measures are in place, as well as limits on gathering sizes. More information on restrictions and gathering limits in Stage 3 will be posted shortly.