COVID-19 – Childcare Settings & Day Camps
Lasted Edited/Reviewed: June 29, 2020
Child Care Settings:
- Child Care Re-Opening – Operational Guidance During COVID-19 Outbreak (PDF – Ministry of Education)
- Health and Safety Guidance During COVID-19 For Employers of Child Care Centres (Public Services Health & Safety Association)
- COVID-19: Precautions When Working As A Childcare Provider (Public Services Health & Safety Association)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Tips: Daycares (Canadian Centre for Occupational Health & Safety)
- Guidance for Emergency Childcare Centres (Ontario Ministry of Health)
Interactive e-modules remain available from Ontario Dietitians in Public Health (ODPH). These online self-paced courses will help child care operators, supervisors, cooks and staff who work in the child care and early years sectors better understand and apply the nutrition recommendations outlined in the Menu Planning & Supportive Nutrition Environments in Child Care Settings – Practical Guide.
Child care nutrition (from www.peterboroughpublichealth.ca/for-professionals/educators-and-schools/):
More child care nutrition resources developed by ODPH with feedback from childcare professionals across Ontario can be found here.
Although the new Canada’s Food Guide was released in January 2019, the Ministry of Education of Ontario is supportive, for the time being, of child care settings to continue to refer to the ODPH child care resources for menu planning and supportive nutrition environments. For more information, please contact us by e-mail at: email@example.com.