Peterborough Public Health Releases Interactive 2017 Annual Report
Written by Communications, June 15, 2018
Easy-to-Follow Online Format Highlights Public Health Achievements
At Wednesday’s Board of Health meeting in Curve Lake First Nation, Peterborough Public Health released its 2017 Annual Report.
“This report highlights the strides forward made in public health last year, using an online format designed to share the information in an easy to understand, interactive way,” explained Brittany Cadence, Communications Manager.
Highlights from the report include:
- 91% of local tobacco vendors were in compliance with youth access program
- 602 naloxone kits distributed to eligible participants
- 3,299 client appointments at the Community Dental Health Centre
- 100% of high-risk food premises inspected every four months
- 76,822 doses of vaccine distributed to healthcare providers to immunize patients
- 658 confirmed cases of sexually-transmitted and blood-borne infections managed by PPH
- December 13, 2017 – release of the Low-Income Status Report
Residents and community partners can find the report at www.peterboroughpublichealth.ca.
For further information, please contact:
705-743-1000, ext. 391